Goods and services
A trade mark can identify goods or services and thus distinguish them from the offers of competitors. In addition to words and images, colours and sounds can also be protected as trade marks.
Based on the business model and the expected product development, we plan an application strategy with our clients and implement it at home and abroad. With the experience gained from hundreds of trade mark applications, we take into account the requirements of international application authorities right from the first application.
We conduct a large number of opposition and cancellation proceedings for our clients before the competent authorities and advise on out-of-court settlements.
With routine and experience, we organise the worldwide monitoring of the filing activities of our clients’ competitors. In the event of a collision, we coordinate measures for global conflict resolution.
We advise and assist you in the following areas:
- Trade mark applications and examination proceedings at home and abroad
- Appeal and cancellation proceedings before the German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DPMA) and the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO)
- Appeal proceedings before the Federal Patent Court (BPatG) and the Boards of Appeal of the EUIPO
- Infringement proceedings befort District Courts, Higher Regional Courts, the Federal Supreme Court
- Research for earlier, similar, registered trade marks
- Monitoring the filing activities of competitors
- Negotiations with competitors, drafting delimination agreements
Our legal expertise
Technical innovations are an essential factor of economic success. They can be protected by patents and utility models. In this way, companies secure exclusivity and a resulting long-term competitive advantage.
The registered design - also called "design patent" - protects the appearance of a product. For example, the shape of a product, its surface texture, graphic user interfaces or ornamentation can be protected.
Our areas of expertise in detail
Antibodies, enzymes, biomarkers,
FinTech, AI, Digital Life Science,
HMI, Autonomous Driving,
Solar energy, battery technology, fuel cells, wafer processing,
energy measurement technology
Mechatronics and mechanical engineering
Automotive, medical technology,
3D printing, injection moulding,
fire protection, heat treatment
Printing inks, petrochemicals,